Monday, April 2, 2012

Quinoa Breakfast Burritos

At work I have to cook a lot of meals, and when I have the time there I like to try and be a bit creative. One night a few months ago I made some salmon with quinoa and a salad for dinner. Tasty but nothing really to write home about. However, I (as usually happens) made way too much quinoa and had to do something with the leftovers. As I have to get up at 5am on Saturday mornings, I generally don't spend much time cooking a breakfast. However, I feel like my clients need a better meal than cold cereal as they leave so early to spend the day skiing and they could use a better meal than cold cereal. Luckily I found a perfect way to combine the need for a fast breakfast with the leftover quinoa from the night before: Quinoa Breakfast Burritos. Super easy and oh so delicious...

Quinoa Breakfast Burritos
2 cups cooked Quinoa
1/2 cup milk
Cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
Fresh Berries
Corn Tortillas

1. Put cooked quinoa, milk, sugar and cinnamon to taste in a pot on the stove over medium heat. Let cook for 15 to 20 minutes while taking a shower or doing other things.
2. Heat one tortilla at a time in a shallow small pan over medium heat to get it soft and warm. Or wrap however many tortillas you want in a wet towel and throw them in the microwave for 1 minute to warm them up. 
3. Put some of the quinoa in the tortilla, top with fresh berries and a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar and enjoy!!

A tasty and marginally healthy breakfast treat for all!! I like to use homemade tortillas for extra flavor but store bought ones work just as well!! 

P.S. I originally made this to be dairy free and just used rice milk and it tasted wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment