Saturday, April 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad!!

     Happy Birthday to my Dad, who is one of my favorite people in the world. He is always there to listen to me and tell me to shut up and stop whining. So much of who I am is directly because of things I learned from my father, and I would like to take a minute to acknowledge the great person that he is.

    Yes my father is an engineer and can at times be exasperating (does it really matter if the lights are exactly in the center of the table and do you really need to leave death threat messages in the closets to make sure the right towels are put in that closet?) but he is also one of the most patient and caring people I have ever met. I am convinced that he and my Uncle John are two of the worlds most patient people to live with my mother and my Aunt Boni. Mom and Boni are equally amazing people but they don't tend to think things out before acting and as such can end up in some comical situations (Really Mom, I mean who else goes to sleep while making eggs and then has to scrape them off the ceiling?). People often remark upon my patience at work and every time I hear this I can't help to think but I learned that patience from John and Dad. Thanks to both of you for that!!!

  So Dad, I hope you realize today that you really are an amazing person and many of the qualities that you love about me are things I learned directly from you. I would not be the person that I am today were it not for your influence and teachings. I hope you get to rock out to some Lady Gaga today and I truly wish I could dance around the kitchen with you today...

And because I could never forget, here is your birthday card:
-Just as long as I don't have to clean it up for you :) I will send your gift along when I get paid on Tuesday. I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment