Monday, April 23, 2012

HAHAHA

    My allergies have been going crazy these last few summery nice weeks in Juneau. This means that generally no one wants to be around me because I have mucus pouring from every orifice and I am constantly making nasty sounds trying to scratch my throat. Anyway, to add to my general unsavory appearance my left eye decided to get some kind of infection this weekend. I am not sure what it is, it could be a sty or it could be a blocked tear duct or something else entirely. The only things I know for sure: it's pinkish, swollen and hurts like hell. Naturally I was exceptionally excited to find this when I woke up this morning knowing that I have an interview at 9am tomorrow morning. Oh what joy!

   Sadly today is Sunday which means no going to the doctor before my interview, so I decided that the next best thing to do was to take some pictures and send them to some nurse friends to see if they had any ideas of how to make it better. So I set about taking some close up pictures of my eye to send to my friend (thanks Therese!) to see what she thought. Her diagnoses: a sty, use a hot compress as much as possible to help throughout the day. Whew, the compresses did manage to help a bit but it took most of the day to get the swelling down to a point where I felt okay going out in public. Hopefully, I will not wake up tomorrow with an even worse issue just in time for my interview.

    Anyway after all the diagnosing was done I was looking through my pictures and I realized that close up shots of your eye are pretty creepy. Naturally the first thing that came to my mind was how can I make this even creepier? Solution: do some careful editing and send out mass text messages to family and friends that look like this:

    HAHAHAHAHA I am almost glad that I woke up with such an unsightly visage this morning just so I could do this. I am sorry but I find this incredibly funny, especially when I picture my family and friends reactions as they looked at this text message. Sorry for the creepy message, but when you have something like this to work with you just have to use it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment